Protect your Oracle databases on Linux, Solaris and Windows without incurring high costs or impacting users and applications
The Zmanda Oracle Agents deliver fast, reliable solutions to protect your Oracle databases running on Linux, Solaris and Windows servers. Administrators can choose to do an incremental or full backup and perform all backup operations while users and applications continue to access the Oracle databases. Zmanda Oracle Agent takes advantage of backup technologies recommended by Oracle.
The Zmanda Oracle Linux and Solaris agents are fully integrated with the Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to provide fast, reliable backup and recovery for Oracle databases on Linux and Solaris platforms — while users and applications continue to access the databases.
The Zmanda Oracle Windows Agent is fully integrated with Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and Oracle VSS Writer to ensure online backup of databases on Windows platforms. A central management console and intelligent scheduler enable administrators to do fully-automated Oracle database backups.
- Online backup. Backup all Oracle databases on Linux, Solaris and Windows to a central backup server without impacting users and applications.
- Rapid restore. Databases are restored from media simply and quickly using an intuitive, point-and-click interface.
- Flexible backup levels. Supports both full and incremental backup levels.
- RMAN support on Linux and Solaris. Uses Oracle’s Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups of Oracle databases, including data files, control files and archive logs. RMAN optimizes Oracle performance and ensures consistency and recoverability of data during backup and provides flexibility and granularity for recovery, for example, RMAN allows recovery of a single table. After Amanda Enterprise retrieves data from backup media, you can recover Oracle directly from the Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- VSS support on Windows. Uses Oracle Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Writer to leverage Microsoft snapshot technology for backup of Oracle.
- Standard formats. Uses only industry standard data formats for backup images, such as zip for Oracle on Windows and tar for Oracle on Linux and Solaris.
- Standard encryption. Administrators can choose which data to encrypt, which standard encryption algorithm to use, and whether to encrypt data on the client or on the server.
- Standard compression. Uses only industry standard compression utilities, and allows administrator to choose the optimal compression algorithm for the data and the resources available, as well as whether to compress the data on the client or the server.
- Flexible media option. You can choose to store your backup files and databases on tape, disk, online storage, or optical storage devices. You even have the option to store your Oracle data off site using Amazon’s Simple Secure Storage Service (Amazon S3).
- Release support. Support for Oracle 11g on Windows and Oracle 10g and 11g on Linux and Solaris.
- Backup server. Requires Amanda Enterprise on Linux or Solaris backup server.