Zmanda Disaster Recovery Solution
The Zmanda Disaster Recovery Solution provides robust and cost-effective disaster recovery capabilities for your critical data assets. This solution includes the software, Disaster Recovery (DR) Option for Amanda Enterprise (AE), and the services required to architect and implement your specific disaster recovery plan. The DR Option replicates the Amanda backup server to a remote server.
The DR Option for Amanda Enterprise supports all platforms and applications backed up by Amanda Enterprise: filesystem data on systems running Linux, Solaris, Windows, and Mac OS X as well as application and database data residing in MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, MS SQL, Oracle and Postgres. You don't need the cost and complexity of a replication mechanism for each individual OS and database. You backup all your critical assets to the Amanda server already; the DR Option replicates all your backup archives, backup catalog and configuration to the remote server. This replication can be done per your desired schedule, independent of the schedule of your backup runs. You can replicate selected backup sets or all backup sets to the remote server.
The solution provides full failover and restoration capability for your AE implementation. The failover site can be another location within your own network or hosted on a private or a public cloud. If you use Amazon S3 as the routine storage destination for your backups, we can configure a secondary AE server in the cloud to manage the recovery process for your data.schedule, independent of the schedule of your backup runs. You can replicate selected backup sets or all backup sets to the remote server.
As part of this service we will:
- Collaborate with you to identify the optimal DR strategy for your AE-protected systems
- Design a solution to meet your DR needs including:
- The protection of important system configuration data and/or backup data
- The implementation of a failover AE server for data recovery
The Zmanda Disaster Recovery Solution deliverables include:
- Disaster Recovery Option for Amanda Enterprise
- Remote access to a Zmanda Professional Services (PS) engineer
- Disaster recovery strategy development and implementation planning
- Remotely delivered, hands-on implementation, featuring:
- Disaster recovery software installation and configuration
- Knowledge transfer to customer personnel regarding DR operations
Leverage our Expertise: Zmanda Professional Services engineers have extensive experience creating backup strategies across all supported system types, storage devices, and operating systems. Our PS engineers work closely with Amanda core developers while creating optimal backup solutions for customers. This depth of understanding lets us design and implement a superior disaster recovery solution that is closely tailored to your needs.
Affordable: The Zmanda Disaster Recovery Solution is available as an annual subscription that includes implementation, through secured remote shell, by Zmanda Professional Services.
- Annual subscription for the DR Option for Amanda Enterprise: $1000 for Standard Support, $1500 for Premium Support
- Zmanda subscriptions for AE servers are purchased separately