Protect your Microsoft SQL Server application data without incurring high costs or impacting users and applications
Zmanda MS SQL Agent provides the perfect, cost-effective solution for protecting all your Microsoft SQL databases. Administrators can quickly backup and recover Microsoft SQL Server databases without taking the database servers offline. Using the central management console, administrators can automate backup processes and data retention policies. A unique approach to scheduling optimizes load balancing to achieve consistent backup windows. Administrator productivity is significantly improved, while administrator and software costs are lowered.
- Online backup. Backup Microsoft SQL Server databases to a single master backup server without impacting users and applications.
- Rapid recovery. Databases are restored simply and quickly using an intuitive, point-and-click interface.
- Flexible backup levels. Supports both full and incremental backup levels.
- VSS support. Uses Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) writer to ensure reliability during hot backups.
- Standard formats. Uses only industry standard data formats and tools, such as Zip format for compressing data.
- Standard encryption. Administrators can choose which data to encrypt, which standard encryption algorithm to use, and whether to encrypt data on the client or on the server.
- Standard compression. Uses only industry standard compression utilities, and allows administrator to choose the optimal compression algorithm for the data and the resources available, as well as whether to compress the data on the client or the server.
- Flexible media option. You can choose to store your backup files and databases on tape, disk, online storage, or optical storage devices. You even have the option to backup your SQL Server database data off site using Amazon’s Simple Secure Storage Service (Amazon S3).
- Release support. Support for MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 and 2000.
- Backup server. Requires Amanda Enterprise on Linux or Solaris backup server.