Protect your Microsoft Exchange Server application data without incurring high costs or impacting users and applications
Zmanda MS Exchange Agent provides the reliable and cost-effective data protection your business needs for all your Exchange databases. Benefit from fast implementation, enterprise-class functions, central management, an intelligent schedule, standard formats, and responsive technical support. Using the hot backup feature, administrators can backup MS Exchange Server data while employees continue to access email 24x7.
- Online backup. Backup Microsoft Exchange Server databases to a single master backup server without impacting users and applications.
- Rapid recovery. Databases are restored simply and quickly using an intuitive, point-and-click interface.
- Flexible backup levels. Supports both full and incremental backup levels.
- VSS support. Uses Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) writer to ensure reliability during hot backups.
- Standard formats. Uses only industry standard data formats and tools, such as Zip format for compressing data.
- Standard encryption. Administrators can choose which data to encrypt, which standard encryption algorithm to use, and whether to encrypt data on the client or on the server.
- Standard compression. Uses only industry standard compression utilities, and allows administrator to choose the optimal compression algorithm for the data and the resources available, as well as whether to compress the data on the client or the server.
- Flexible media option. You can choose to store your backup files and databases on tape, disk, online storage, or optical storage devices. You even have the option to backup your Exchange database off-site to a storage cloud such as Amazon’s Simple Secure Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Release support. Support for MS Exchange Server 2010, 2007 and 2003.
- Backup server. Requires Amanda Enterprise on Linux or Solaris backup server.